Thank you for your interest.
For additional information or to report an adverse event, call Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. at 1-833-287-KALA (1-833-287-5252(opens new window)).
You are encouraged to report negative side effects
of prescription drugs to the FDA.
Visit http://www.fda.gov/medwatch(opens new window),
or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
For additional information or to report an adverse event, call Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. at 1-833-287-KALA (1-833-287-5252).
*Subject to eligibility requirements. Restrictions apply.
What is INVELTYS?
INVELTYS (loteprednol etabonate ophthalmic suspension) 1% is a prescription eyedrop medication used to treat inflammation and pain after ocular surgery.
Important Safety Information
Who should NOT use INVELTYS?
- You should NOT use INVELTYS if you have an infection in your eye.
What should I tell my eye care professional before taking INVELTYS?
- Before taking INVELTYS, tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, including if you have an eye infection or a history of herpes infections.
What are the possible side effects of INVELTYS?
- Prolonged use of corticosteroids, such as INVELTYS, may result in high eye pressure (glaucoma) with damage to the optic nerve, affecting your vision. If you use INVELTYS for longer than 10 days, your doctor may monitor pressure in your eye.
- Use of corticosteroids may result in cataract formation and may delay healing after cataract surgery.
- Prolonged use of corticosteroids may increase the risk of eye infections.
What are the most common side effects of INVELTYS?
- In clinical trials, the most common side effects were eye pain and clouding of the lens capsule (posterior capsular opacification). These effects may have been due to the surgery.
How should I take INVELTYS?
- Take INVELTYS as directed by your doctor.
- Contact lenses should be removed prior to instillation of INVELTYS and may be reinserted 15 minutes following administration. The preservative in INVELTYS may be absorbed by soft contact lenses.
- Shake the bottle for one to two seconds before using INVELTYS.
- Instill one to two drops of INVELTYS into the affected eye twice daily beginning a day after surgery throughout the first 2 weeks after surgery, or as directed.
- Do not allow the dropper tip to touch any surface, as this may contaminate the eye drop.
- If pain develops, or if redness, itching, or inflammation becomes worse, you should consult your doctor.
Please click here(opens a PDF document in a new window) for Full Prescribing Information.